Hi there guild members!
For our next meeting we decided to have a challenge – a sew your own name tag challenge! We are a pretty small group but it’s always helpful to have name tags for new members and nothing is better than a modern name tag, is there?
Now this challenge is doubly exciting because there are PRIZES! But we’ll get to that in a moment.
Here is an excellent tutorial by Pile O’ Fabric on how to make a quilted lanyard name tag, and she has a lot of sources of different name tags there as well for inspiration! If you are in doubt or not sure where to start, that is a good place to begin.
Rules of the challenge:
- Your name tag must be present on Saturday, August 17. (If you are unable to make it yourself but want it in the running, just make sure I get it beforehand!)
- The tag must have your name on it either stitched or sewn (not just written).
- The acronym for our guild must be on it somewhere – SMQG.
- Please not larger than 4″ x 5″ and no smaller than 2″ x 2″.
- It can be lanyard style or pin clasp.*
- The winner will be chosen by an impartial third party (aka Viv!)
- The best one will win a charm pack of the much-coveted new Briar Rose range from Heather Ross for Windham Fabrics and the two runners-up will have their choice of one of three mini-charm packs!
*Don’t worry if you can’t find a pin clasp, as I have dozens and I can bring them to the meeting. Lanyard hardware can be found at Riot Arts & Crafts.
I can’t wait to get stitching – how about you?? 🙂